Position: Senior Automation Tester
Experience: 5+ years
As an Automation Tester for Microservices, you will be responsible for working with the Agile Sprint team on the continuous improvement of the development process, ensuring agile test automation principles are embedded in the development cycle. The individual should possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and have an eye for detail. We require a highly-motivated individual with well-developed interpersonal skills. You will be the automation tester in a team of testers working on a client engagement. You will be involved in the identification, writing, debugging and execution of automated tests and where necessary manual tests. The program includes UI automation, API’s using RestAssured as well as testing on desktop and mobile platforms.
The applicant will be testing on projects, ideally in LMS and ERP sector and should be proficient in Java, Selenium Web Driver and Cucumber. Back end testing skills using Java automation are essential to this role and the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate their competence in these area. Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and find new ways of doing things. A team player who is proud of their work and wants to share with everyone! You like working in a fast paced environment and are driven by the desire to improve the product experience for everyone.
- Drive the Microservices or API automated testing using REST Assured library for a product at each stage of the development cycle.
- Work closely with other Automation Testers, Business Analyst and Developers to understand functional requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure Java step def automation scripts are produced from the BDD test cases.
- Experience in BDD based test automation framework.
- Involved in the development cycle, understanding the code upon which the application is built.
- Previous test automation working experience using Java, Selenium, GIT, Cucumber & IntelliJ/Eclipse.
- Support the relevant scrum events; planning/user story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews/ demos & retros to ensure that quality code, based on solid unit testing principles are released into Production on a regular CI cycle.
- Constantly embeds automated testing techniques, particularly to support regression testing within Sprint and for releases.
- Constantly demonstrates that quality and the customer is always the focus.
- Understanding of a range of programming languages, database concepts.
- Good experience of Continuous Integration (CI), i.e. Jenkins, Maven, Docker
- Good experience of JIRA/Confluence/Zephyr/GitHub/Slack/Swagger
- A can-do professional approach to business and a willingness to be held accountable for results
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly working closely with the Business Analyst and development team
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience of recent experience in testing of web applications
- Hands on experience of test automation using Java
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Very good backend testing skills – conversant in databases -MySQL, Postgresql
- Identify data requirements and implement tests to achieve coverage
- Recommend, implement improvements to test automation framework
- Experience in source code control
- Use feedback from all stakeholders to expand test scenarios
- Demonstrate ability to change direction and re-prioritize in a fast-paced team environment
If interested, please share your resume on [email protected] OR apply here below.